The 45-Minute Self Pleasure Ritual
Don't underestimate the power of self-pleasure to wind-down and reset your day! Self-pleasure is the ultimate self-care and a beautiful way to celebrate your own body.
While society may teach us that pleasure is goal-oriented, take this ritual as an opportnity to instead savor every moment of delectable bliss... regardless of if you have the big-O or not. This ritual is all about creating a space that you can come to with curiosity and presence. Melting into a deeply connective, solo intimate pleasure practice is about the journey, not the destination.
1. Create an environment that is comfortable and relaxing. Make sure that you have uninterrupted privacy for your practice and set a timer to be sure you're committed. Set the mood by playing some sexy tunes, light some candles, burn some incense, and slip into something that feels like heaven on your skin. Engage as many of your senses as possible.
2. Practice looking at yourself in the mirror. Have you ever just looked into your own eyes for a few minutes? Lean into the awkwardness and allow any feelings to come up. This is a time to practice saying some affirmations like: "I am beautiful", "I am incredible", "My body is strong and healthy".
3. Now is the time to set an intention for your self-pleasure. The combination of attention and focus of an intention are fundamental elements of a mindful self-pleasure practice. An example might be “I will embrace all parts of myself, including my sexual, creative energy" or, "I will be open to whatever feelings arise, without judgement".
4. Squeeze a sumptuous amount of your Lover's Oil into your hands and start your practice with a massage. Use this oil to massage breasts, stomach and the pelvic region while focusing on powerful self-pleasure affirmations. Seduce yourself by allowing energy and sensation to build up (Lover's Oil is not intended as a lubricant or for internal use, so focus your massage on the external body).
5. As you're exploring your body, remember to breathe and focus on the overall sensations. Breathing is one of the most powerful tools we have to circulate sexual energy and hone in on being present in our body. Focus on finding things that you enjoy without any sort of judgment or self-censorship involved. Explore all your erogenous zones and how they respond to different types of touch. Make sure to move slowly.
6. Next, open your Water-Based Lubricant and thoroughly lather your powerful Gio Luxe vibrator- it has a strong motor and is girthy so it's important to properly lubricate it. Use the Gio Luxe on the outside of the vulva, tracing all external pleasure zones. Take your time, before inserting it- feel into your body. Are you fully aroused and open? If not, continue breathing and stimulating the outside of the vulva until you feel ready to explore internally.
7. Again, there is no goal here, so you may not wish to insert the vibrator. If you decide to insert it, go slowly and allow your body to get used to it.
This vibrator's curved head is perfect for g-spot stimulation. To practice finding your g-spot, insert just to the narrow "neck" and move the curved head gently around. You may feel a unique pleasure sensation, pressure or nothing at all. Welcome it all without judgement and use this time to explore.
The Gio Luxe can also be inserted deeply for a fuller sensation, using the curved head to press along the vaginal wall.
Don’t stress about reaching orgasm, but melt into the sensations of the fullness, pressure, and vibration, and if you do reach O-town, think of that as just having your cake and eating it too. In fact, withholding orgasm and/or edging is a powerful way of circulating the sexual energy you have built up throughout the body.
8. There is no correct way to do this practice- it is all about learning what makes you happy and discovering how to love yourself. View it as a practice of simply being present with yourself and your body. The benefits are cumulative and have a greater impact the more you practice.
After you finish your practice, take 5-10 minutes to rest and integrate. Simply lying down in stillness, being present to your sensations and allowing yourself to feel whatever is there. Take time to feel your body after the practice; to deeply feel the sensations you’ve created—pleasure, relaxation, arousal, etc. A mindful self-pleasure practice can be one of the most powerful rituals in a healing journey, and can completely changed your perception of your body, mind and emotions.
9. If you're feeling inspired, you may even want to take some notes afterwards or write down some of your most beautiful or challenging moments or insights you had during your practice. This way you continue to learn, integrate and explore with each new ritual practice.